Other Aetna Benefits
Beginning RightSM Maternity Program
The Beginning Right Maternity Program program helps pregnant women stay well and deliver healthier babies. If you are eligible for this program, an Aetna nurse will call to help you get started. You can also call 1-800-CRADLE-1 (1-800-272-3531) to enroll yourself. The program provides:
- Help with prenatal care benefits;
- Case management by registered obstetrical nurses who help in arranging covered services, coordinating specialty care and answering questions;
- Smoke-Free Moms-to-Be™, a personalized smoking cessation program designed specifically for pregnant women;
- "For Dad or Partner," an educational booklet;
- A comprehensive pregnancy handbook.
Under the program, all care is coordinated by your OB/GYN doctor and Aetna case managers.
Another important feature, Pregnancy Risk Assessment, is a survey that identifies women who may need more specialized prenatal and/or postnatal care due to their medical history or present health status. If you are found to be at risk, the program assists you and your physician in coordinating any specialty care that may be medically necessary.